All right, this is Arab Talk on KPOO San Francisco
89.5FM. This is Arab Talk with Jess & Jamal. I’m Jess Ghannam.
– And this is Jamal Dajani. We have a lot to talk about today, you know, but this is a time where the political analysis and medicine and Public Safety and public health are going to intersect today on Arab Talk because there’s a lot of public health issues going on with the COVID-19 Otherwise known as the coronavirus. There’s a lot of anxiety. There’s a lot of concern and Unfortunately, there’s a lot of misinformation Coming out about the coronavirus Coming from the Trump administration and DC And part of what we’re going to do today is do some information sharing but also talk about the intersection With all of the other political aspects of what’s going on with this. It’s really it’s really a difficult situation to be honest Because what’s happening is that there’s so much anxiety right now about the coronavirus that people are sometimes making decisions Not based on facts or the best knowledge that we have but really making decisions based on anxiety Which in fact may be making it worse. This is something that Probably a lot of people don’t know that we’re actually very lucky just because we have someone from the health field Right here in this studio. Dr. Jess Ghannam. So we don’t need to bring someone
to talk about it and so what I wanted to talk to you and I think it’s very important and as you’ve mentioned this is something now that is You know On the global level really and especially for people in San Francisco Bay Area. So what I wanted to talk to you about is Myths and facts about the coronavirus because a lot of people are getting bombarded There is a lot of information and then there is also a lot of misinformation and you got– add to this all the clutter on the internet and people are just panicking and we’re seeing the panic actually I mean just if you watch the stock market right here the United States yesterday The stock market was up by 1200 plus points today. It’s down by 1100 points There is that seesaw effect. – But there’s also panic buying Well, there is panic buying. There is panic selling. There is uncertainty? Certainly Our president Donald Trump is not reassuring people even when he tries to reassure people Making statements like I haven’t touched my face for the past two weeks and I miss my face I mean we are not getting the proper information and I think it’s it’s causing a lot of panic because I said Again, there are these things issues around You know the myths that you know, and in fact, so let’s kind of clarify some of the myths Jess, because you are every day you’re in at UCSF and your contact with Experts there.
– Infectious disease experts. Infectious disease experts so probably we should run. I made a whole list. There is a whole list of myths that We keep hearing like one of them actually is that the coronavirus is man-made The evidence for that frankly Jamal is Not really there So to say that the coronavirus is man-made I think comes from a piece of disinformation That hasn’t been verified that the coronavirus was manufactured in a top-secret Chinese bio Hazard or biochemical warfare lab and it was leaked into the community either by accident or by design I could tell you that what the experts are saying that I’ve been able to talk to both at UCSF and other places. There’s no evidence at this time to suggest that this was a human-made Virus that was manufactured in order to be spread within the community That’s not how these viruses typically work. The pattern of spread of the coronavirus is similar in many ways to other epidemics and pandemics that we’ve had, you know in the world whether it’s Ebola SARS MERS influenza all of these Carry, pretty much depending on how infectious, that is how easy it is for it to spread, follow similar Patterns. So at this point the best knowledge that we have based on the science is that this is a virus that looks it like came from Wuhan Province in China and Has spread rapidly and this is part of technology, has spread rapidly because of transportation trains planes and buses Become the most rapid way for these viruses to be transmitted and to infect large numbers of people That’s what we have in the modern era back in the day people who had close proximity when you think about the 1918 pandemic that killed millions of people It was really the close proximity as well as where we were in medicine at that time. We weren’t able to treat Adequately and have the knowledge to treat adequately that pandemic that occurred in 1918 that really did kill millions of people nowadays, we have the knowledge but because of Transportation– I called them flying Petri dishes which is what Airplanes are or buses or bullet trains or cars or any time you get large numbers of people together the probability of things spreading and Being passed from person to person or community to community Rises exponentially. So that’s a long answer to your question, which was–this looks like it’s Not a man-made virus but a virus that occurred as all these other viruses occur in nature. So I just want to before I moved to the other myth. I want you to talk more about this exponential spread of the disease. A) Do we have all the facts about numbers — let’s say assuming that You know all indications that China is the epicenter Right. I mean do we have all the facts and Looking at the different numbers, you know a month from now or two months from now What are we looking at? That’s a great question. I think part of the problem is we don’t have all the numbers it looks like either by Intention or by just not having their act together That it looks likely that the numbers coming out of China at least initially were not accurate numbers and so it may have been misrepresented or underrepresented, you know I’m not willing to say which it was but there was clearly an under-representation of the number of people who were infected with the disease That’s number one. Number two, the the thing that you need to be careful about with the coronavirus is that you can carry the virus You can pass it on to people without having any symptoms and that’s really one of the reasons why it’s spreading so rapidly Because if you feel a little sick, and you’ve got the flu, you’ve got influenza you’ve got some symptoms You’re feeling achy. You have a sore throat You have a fever, You reduce the spread because you think you’re sick and you don’t spread it to other people You don’t go to work. The challenge with the coronavirus as we’re finding out You can have the virus you can spread the virus Without having any symptoms and that’s really one of the reasons why it’s spreading so rapidly so extensively and I think Unequivocally all the experts are saying the same thing the number of cases that are out there We haven’t even scratched the surface In terms of what is the accurate number of people who have been infected the number of people? Who are sick and the number of people who may have died? outside of China if you look at the United States It looks like Washington State is the big epicenter at least 10 people have died From the coronavirus in Washington, they seem to be linked to a convalescent hospital outside of Seattle hospitals clinics schools Sporting events anytime you have lots of people coming together you increase the risk and if this is true that You can be infected and pass the virus on without having any symptoms Chances are– I’m sorry to say this but it’s it’s the best hunch of all the experts. There’s a really great Chance that much larger numbers of people are walking around with the coronavirus Passing it on from person to person than we realize the good news is if You’re between the ages If you’re if you’re a child You know kind of a child without any health difficulties up to your 70s in good health There’s a chance that even if you get it, you’ll have relatively mild symptoms and get through it but if you have any health problems if you’ve got You know cardiovascular problems if you’ve got lung problems if you’ve got any kind of chronic disease if you’re older or really Young, you run the risk of getting sick and having really bad complications The people that have died from the coronavirus, Jamal, all are really people who’ve been relatively sick or very old or both You’re listening to Arab Talk on KPOO San Francisco. And for those who have joined us late Actually, I’m having a conversation with Dr. Jess Ghannam. So he’s kind of doubling on his you duties right here in the studio because Jess Goes every day to to the one of the best hospitals Right here one of the best medical centers in the United States UCSF Absolutely and so he has the updated news and he’s talking to experts on infectious diseases and we’re trying To go through a list of myths and facts So we want to clear all that clutter and misinformation that people watch on TV trying to kind of – you know, not make people panic but at least understand the effects, but also to you know, We’ll move on to what what people can do Okay, one one of the other myths that and you’ve seen that that everybody needs a mask. You have to get a mask Actually Jamal, I I think that’s the biggest piece of disinformation First of all, there’s multiple kinds of mass and when I see people walking around with surgical masks. Mm-hmm It’s it’s sad for me because these are individuals who probably don’t know what’s going on who are very scared Who are afraid which I understand I mean but having a surgical mask those thin Masks that you put over your ears and cover your mouth and maybe not even cover your nose Will have nope no protective significant protective effect for you And in fact may increase the chances of you getting sick. Exactly it’ll trap– Yeah, and you could actually get more sick. What about the argument that they say? Well, if you’re sick, then you should wear it because it also protects others when you sneeze Yeah, if you’re sick, you should stay home. Listen Shouldn’t weat the masks and go out – No, because if you’re if you’re sick You should self quarantine and that to anybody who’s listening in the Bay Area or beyond if you have the flu like symptoms If you’re coughing sneezing have a headache have a fever have stomach upset Difficulty breathing. You need to stay home Full stop don’t wear a mask and go to work. You need to self quarantine Even though people are saying 14 days. That’s what the CDC is saying. I’m not convinced because People who have gotten better and have left quarantine have been tested later and have still been Positive for the coronavirus so it’s the kind of virus and disease that we don’t have all the information yet So when in doubt the two best things you can do if you feel the symptoms stay home The second most important thing you can do besides Not getting sick or in order not to get sick is wash your hands. I want to say something about washing your hands 99 percent of people do not know how to wash their hands That’s right You have to wash your hands for 20 to 30 seconds with soap and water And here’s the thing that I recommend people are not going to like this But you have to wash not just the palms of your hands not just the tops of your hands, but if you really want to be Smart about it you wash up to your elbows because The virus can stay on your body. And if you are just washing the palm of your hands, you know You might miss the stuff that’s on the top of your hands you might miss the stuff that’s on your arms because the virus can stay and survive for a period of time on other parts of your bodies you need to wash your hands all the time, by the way, washing your hands is much better than the Purrell’s. Than the antiseptic.If you have if you have the Antiseptics, you know hand purifiers and things like that. That’s great. Nothing beats Washing washing your hands with soap and water soap and water What about the heat like people? I read something that people think that if you put your hand under the heat dryer it – Delusional
– Kills the virus. It’s delusional Yeah, so that’s one of their myths. It’s a big myth. Maybe maybe you’ll kill some of it Maybe you we just don’t know. I think it’s better to go with science again. I know people are anxious When people get anxious they make things up or they do things that are not always in their best interest The information I’m giving you is from the CDC. It’s from infectious disease experts. It’s people that I’ve spoken with This is the best information. It’s the safest information. We have you have to wash your hands You shouldn’t touch your face whether or not you like your face or not. You should refrain from being in large groups of people And as I said, if you’re sick, you should just stay home. What about of course? I’m gonna take it to the other extreme If you contract the coronavirus, are you gonna die? I mean there is like people are afraid, you know this information that if you get it That’s it If you’re between the ages of seven and seventy and you don’t have any health issues I’ll even make it more conservative if you’re between the ages of seven and sixty for example And you don’t have any major health problems. You’re healthy. You don’t have respiratory problems You don’t have you know cardiovascular problems you don’t have You know any kind of other chronic Immunosuppressant problems, you know diabetes, heart hepatitis Anything like that? If you’re generally healthy if you get the virus call your doctor let your doctor know stay at home drink lots of fluids and Depending on what your doctor says you may be able to use Tylenol or ibuprofen, but you’re just gonna have to wait it out Generally, you’ll do fine. It’s really only the people who have other issues Who are really sick with other problems that seem to be having the most problem. I did I read the report saying that 80% of people who have contracted the disease Basically have mild symptoms.
– Yes. It looks like that’s pretty accurate.
– In about two weeks. They were fine Yeah, and by the way That’s not that that’s not as bad as the flu by the way because if you get the standard influenza That’s a month could last a month or more you get hit really hard now the problem I mean that’s good news bad news. The bad news is if you have mild symptoms, you’re more likely to say Oh, I’m not that sick. So I’m just gonna go out and do what I usually do. Don’t don’t do that self quarantine Stay home wash your hands hydrate, you know, just kind of you have to take it easy. I’m saying this in part because What some experts are saying is that when the true numbers come out We’re all going to be really surprised about how much it’s already spread Because we’re finding cases what we call community spread Which is people who have the virus who are sick who did not travel to any of the hotspots did not travel to China Italy South Korea Iran any they just had no travel they had no contact with anybody who traveled these are people who are just Getting it in the community. And if that’s true, there’s no way to get around it Chances are that it’s spread much greater For example, I said this to you off air if you look at the map as of today It said that no one in San Francisco has the coronavirus I can guarantee you There are people in San Francisco with the coronavirus that haven’t been They just haven’t been diagnosed yet. Well, let’s get them to the point of Preparedness which I think this is probably the most important factor that’s making people uneasy, yeah Yesterday governor Gavin Newsom declared the state of emergency in California yeah, this is the fifth largest economy in the world, right, you know, California to actually come up. I mean is he? Taking the right action absolutely, and then – absolutely and this is the big question mark and I think this is what’s making people very nervous is Are we prepared if you’re talking about this exponential and I’m not a mathematician, but one thing I know when people start using Exponential factors. They think things are going to have a multiplier by what tens hundreds and so forth that and then watch You know different experts talking about that. We only have 500 kids across the country at least this is information from three days ago to test people For for the coronavirus. So are we prepared if your predictions Are correct that we have far more people who will contract it in the next coming days or weeks Yeah, I think that’s a really great question Gavin Newsom in my opinion absolutely did the right thing by declaring a state of emergency Now people need to keep in mind. He declared a state of emergency Not because he’s necessarily worried that people are going to be dying in large numbers. He declared a state of emergency to mobilize the infrastructure of the state and local governments to take action because when you declare a state of emergency You are able to access funds information and resources to help prepare the state locally To take action at each city and county and center in the in the United States So from that point of view the governor absolutely did the right thing the second question are we prepared? absolutely, not the CDC and Unfortunately the Trump administration Decided to play politics with this Trump came out at a time and blatantly lied to to the entire world and said were there only five Americans with a corona virus when in fact when he said that we knew of at least 85 people and That it would quickly go away. It was not a big deal since he’s made that comment. There’s been an exponential growth It’s gonna get worse And so the the big problem was the CDC was not Authorizing regular doctors to test patients they didn’t also Trump I mean didn’t the actually the Obama administration had a department Kind of deal with infectious diseases that when Trump came kind of ended there. I don’t think no I don’t think he ended it I think he just shifted resources There that I know that story has been going I mean the the most important thing about infectious disease, is that the NIH the National? Institute of Health NDC and the CDC the Centers for Disease Control in in Atlanta, Georgia that these are the two main Institutions that continue to operate continue to work and continue to provide the best information I just want to go back to that point really quick before the CDC was saying we’re not gonna give test kits out We were not prepared because California a week ago only had 200 test kits crazy, yeah, so the CDC and the Trump administration were horribly ill-prepared for the number of kits that were provided but also rather than letting Local doctors make the decision on who to be tested and getting the results you had to go to the CDC You had to get permission you had to send the sample to The CDC and it would take two or three days before you got the results now, we have four hour turnaround We have a lab in Richmond California that if you if the lab in Richmond gets the result Gets the sample they can give you a result or an answer within four hours and that’s the way it should be So what does it take do you think to end this? crisis or this pandemic because Just historically looking at things. Of course. We don’t want to take it all the way back to the the flu pandemic that killed millions of people 20 million Yeah and more and but then just going back to most recent events like SARS Swine the swine flu, there’s only one answer. There’s only two answers today And what else we’ve had Ebola right and and I don’t remember the panic that it that these the you know these diseases have caused I know I know during SARS that people were taking precautions and and you know going something similar but Part of it is social media. It didn’t hit the u.s. As hard as this is hitting everyone. Yeah There’s only two answers Jamal There’s self-isolation and self containment you have to if you’re a host and you’re infected the only way to Stop the spread of this virus is to contain people Well, it is something before you go further because that’s why when I started talking about the testing kits if I if I contract a regular flu or a or a tough case of the Cold how the hell am I gonna know? that you have I have The flu or I have now the corona virus. It doesn’t matter because and then I go to the hospital No, no, if you have the symptoms you call your doctor stay at home and stay at home Containment is the only way to get our hands around this What happens is that when we have a known case what’s happening in the Bay Area right now? when there’s a known case of someone who tests positive what public health officials do they go back and they Do a forensic analysis on every single person That has come in contact with the person and then every person that they believed came in contact with that person goes into self isolation self containment so that’s the only way Eventually, we will get a vaccine and contrary to what you heard from the White House and from the president The vaccine is not weeks away The minimum time is about a year to 18 months before we get a vaccine for this on the market Yeah, the difference is however, there are some treatments – okay there’s a difference between a vaccine which protects you from getting it and A treatment to help you with a condition once you have it the vaccine is going to take a year to 18 months treatments now we’re using some Antiretroviral treatments or antiviral treatments that we use for other conditions. We’re testing it now with people who do have Kovat 19, and it seems to be helping Those results should be out in the next number of weeks maybe months and so we can at least offer treatment to people who do get sick, but if you have the symptoms If you don’t want this thing to spread and get really bad, and you just need to stay home You need to get isolated. You need to be contained and not spread it to other people well, here is the Analysis and the medical advice from dr. Diaz Ghanim who brought you basically the most recent updates from UCSF after talking to infectious disease experts there and Other doctors, I want to shift gears here. And and what can I say one thing really quite sure UCSF has a microsite about the cove 819 so you can go to the UCSF website for information about kovat 19 There’s the CDC website, which is actually if you see it does but gov yeah, which is actually very good Those are the two locally. I mean the CDC is probably your best option right now That’s the information that I gave today is what we have today could have changed tomorrow Absolutely, but that’s the best information we have right now. So I want to shift gears now and talk about the second or for some of the first big story which is the Elections and What happened tanka Super Tuesday that that’s panic Other surprises that Basically with what was going on and and this is something that we’ve been talking about It will be talking about the elections who can’t be Donald Trump and you always have been consistent saying You know don’t get too excited because All your assessments have been pointing to that Donald Trump will be reelected and I oppose that kind of idea. I don’t like to give up and Say oh my god is gonna be right here for another four years and you’ve been consistent Consistently saying I don’t see anyone who and be Donald Trump A lot of people especially in the Bay Area and California is different You know just to say in San Francisco for sure is more different than anywhere else in the country People here believe that you know, the Democratic Party is kind of something of the past and they’re looking for alternatives People are more progressive they’re lining behind Bernie Sanders, he won the state of California. I’m sure he won You know the vote right here in in San Francisco Yet we are very surprised that all of sudden someone who has been written off someone who is on life support from life support the Joe Biden Joe Biden and all of sudden he catapulted to the Front of the ticket and during Super Tuesday one more states won more delegates Even though I lost California and now which I have to say watching the news CNN for example has officially anointed Anointed him as the winner and not only this the front-runner basically now appointed themselves as the ministry of information for the Biden campaign So there is a whole shift, right? What happened? Jamal I think that’s a really excellent Analysis, and I just want to remind our listeners That we’ve been warning anyone, who will listen that the Democratic Party runs the risk of a 2016 Redux or redo where? You know the most popular most capable most Intellectually rigorous candidate with the greatest ground game of all the candidates Is basically thrown under the bus and we’re talking about Bernie Sanders it’s We said that in 2016 the Democratic Party decided to forego true democratic Principles and decided to anoint Hillary Clinton and we know that the disastrous consequences Of that we thought that the Democratic Party Might learn something or two from that mistake and create a Structure and a process to see that it didn’t happen again bad news Bernie Sanders as of a week ago was the front runner was Polling to beat everybody in Super Tuesday except for a couple of small states and surprise surprise 24 hours before Super Tuesday, Amy Klobuchar decides to stop running for president mayor Pete Buda judge decides to stop running for President Michael Bloomberg decides to stop all within 24 hours of Super Tuesday Well, Bloomberg was after Super Tuesday, but wasn’t it surprising? That just before Super Tuesday That the two other main mainstream candidates decided to throw their support for Joe Biden at a time when his campaign was moribund was a you know was basically Basically on life support system. They were not even able to raise money and that Bernie Sanders Clearly had the edge in 24 hours, Jamal The the mainstream media and the Democratic machine for lack of a better word Decided yet again They doing it to Bernie Sanders again Throwing him under the bus Misrepresenting what he says Misrepresenting his constituency. I mean, it’s really Painful for us. I know because we talked about it before becoming on-air to see the same catastrophic mistakes that the Democratic Party Going through now that they did in 2016. It seems like the Democrats are self-destructing yet again, Jamal Well and you forgot to mention better rule Who basically was running around? Marketing himself as progressive and yet he went with the Democratic establishment endorsing not the program safe candidate but endorsing the Basically the establishment candidate right in Texas hurting I thought this actually played a bigger role for example than the endorsement of global or Religious because Heather O’Rourke is a known You know figure right right there and then what bothers me just more is that there’s this? Repackaging of Judah and Joe Biden, you know good old Joe middle-class Joe Nice Joe, you know, I mean this allows Progressive Progressive Joe. He’s not progressive and people are not talking about His history. I mean, this is the thing and I know he’s gonna be eaten alive by Donald Trump regardless aside, but but just to go on his record alone on his record alone Recently, he lied about going to South Africa and getting arrested just on his way to see Mandela He was not arrested twice. Yeah, and then they had to kind of back walk that thing and say oh, maybe maybe not How about do you don’t know that you’ve gotten arrested or not? So he made he made that up and in he lied about it. He lied about about his civil rights record I was looking at a list and and this is not a pitch for sand No, for example, there is footage. There are stories to showing you in 1963 Bernie Sanders is getting arrested for protesting segregation. And then guess what there is also footage a Passionate speech delivered by no other than Joe Biden Defending segregation. So when they talk about his liberal views, I don’t see it People have short term memory. That’s right. They have yes to go It’s right there available on the Internet have to look it up myself because I don’t want to go I wanted to see The footage and I saw his passionate speech defending segregation that’s one example another example just Rho V wins, that’s right roe v– wade, of course. I’m not crying again comparison Bernie Sanders’s footage leading Marsh’s marching to protect ravi with 1981 just he could look up the date 1981 you got Biden voting to allow states to Overturn roe v– wade, where is the progressive? Record that he has. I mean it drives me crazy when people talking about his progressive Record, he doesn’t more when he threw anita hill under the bus. That’s right That’s right. And then later on Apollo 15 years late or whatever Regretted it Regretted it. He threw her under the bus She was a brave woman who basically spoke before the meet me to movement talk about sexual harassment By a judge, right and then he threw her under the bus and now he’s saying oh I shouldn’t have done that So, so to me this whole repackaging if you look at it, you know, oh you forgot the war his war record voting on the war on Iraq and being proud of it and being proud of it and Defending it multiple and remember he was on the other side of the aisle the Democrats Against the war that most Democrats, right? We’re against the war and he was defending george. W bush fake claim and pretext to invade Iraq over weapons of mass destruction He was right on board there and he was right on board I mean People now are boycotting a pack including Bernie Sanders who is a he was Jewish He’s boycotting AIPAC. But Joe Biden is a sinus and boy Joe Biden didn’t have the time to go there but recorded a speech praising AIPAC it’s right there on line and then when he had his interview a few years ago about Israel after The slaughter in Gaza wasn’t like a random interview after Israel bombed Gaza Killed children in Gaza, and he said I don’t have to be a Jew to be a Zionist. I’m a bro I’m a a proud scientist. So even when it comes to foreign policy and to atrocities Joe Biden did not condemn the invasion of which caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and the death of a million and half Iraqis today and tomorrow where we’re not even talking about what he has said About lots of other policies I want to remind you that he says that there’s no better friend to Israel than Joe Biden He said that on multiple occasions, I mean, there’s a whole I mean, I mean, this is actually just a small part of it but there’s a whole record that does not show me that he Represents the democratic ideals of what we are today does not represent the progressive movement and then now the big question because and I Hate to be on your side because I hate to be on your side because The I don’t want to see the outcome, which is they another four years of Donald Trump Yeah, but look at your bomb and look at and so they just quickly here. So assuming we See the Democratic machine behind him we see a Republican Who’s Bloomberg? Anyone that tells you that Bloomberg is a Democrat is a liar. His Republican is a convenience or whatever Democrat who poured five hundred million dollars For a short-lived Campaign into a short-lived campaign five hundred and half a billion dollars the only one he won once one contest Some away Americans American seven, right? so now he’s also gonna pour put some of his money and his organization behind Joe Biden and in assume because I don’t like to make assumptions and and I’m hoping that You know Bernie Sanders rallies Or his campaign finds a way. I don’t see to work their way Well, we can talk about the nitty-gritty about this but I’m saying I’m just going with the assumption. Okay, he’s gonna be the nominee I’m talking about by them Do you think the people who have voted or supported? Sanders will go out in numbers Kozeny because we know what happened to Hillary Clinton. I’m really sorry Supported Bernie Sanders did not support her or she got very little bounce from his supporters in 2016 what are we gonna see? This this I I think Jamal you’ve put your finger on the crux of the problem I’m gonna answer the question in a short way and then unpack it a little bit I am afraid to tell you the ugly truth, which is Bernie Sanders Supporters will not go out in mass numbers with the same passion the same energy and the same Commitment to support Joe Biden. That’s why I’m worried about a 2016 Redux I’m worried that the Democratic Party is shooting itself in the foot yet again. Now, why is that? It’s because if you look at what your analysis just did on Joe Biden it does not represent Where the bulk of the Democratic Party is right now Joe Biden’s supporters, by the way If you interview them and you ask them, do you love Joe Biden? Are you ready to like do whatever it takes to go support your button? They say no We we just think he has the best chance to win That idea well a week ago. They were attacking him all those people who endorsed him. I’m sure to Whatever, they’re saying. He’s a relic, you know, here’s the problem Jamal the new the new Rallying call for Democrats The way they’re gonna pitch it is we have to beat Donald Trump That’s the way they’re gonna pitch it to Bernie supporters to Warren supporters to all of the Democrats. They’re not going to say vote your conscience They’re not going to say vote. What you believe in there Do the same tired thing? Which is do what’s best for the party do what’s best for the country you we got a beat Donald Trump now Maybe that’s true Maybe it’s not true. We don’t know but what I will tell you is that this tactic Could very well and this is what I’m going to tell you. I think it’s gonna fail yet again I don’t think it’s gonna work It won’t Mobilize and if you look at the electoral map the way you and I have looked at it if you don’t have them But it’s gonna add up. They don’t add up for Joe Biden if you take out the Bernie equation from the electoral map It looks good still for Joe Biden, I mean for Donald Trump against Joe Biden, so I’m really worried there they’re going to repackage Joe Biden if you look at your Biden speak Jamal, I don’t know about you, but I worry well This is something I was gonna ask you because this is a clinical question and then people Probably don’t like to talk about it because I can’t his nice can’t talk about he’s older But I’m just saying yeah, but this is I’m worried. It’s more than once okay, and and you know, this is going to be exploited because already Donald Trump is talking about it. Donald Trump is putting on his Twitter account a Collection of Joe Biden gaffes mixing up his daughter with his wife Looking at someone on a in a wheelchair and asking him to stand up You know in the crowd Talking about somebody in like she’s dead and she’s sitting right behind them. Right and all kinds of things that show You know, I mean people are using the word senility Yeah I can I can’t use that And going to a fundraiser and saying to people I’m running for Senate when he’s running for the President of the United States Is he exhausted is he getting? Here’s what our early signs of senility Here’s what I will tell you. We don’t know Let me just before you answer but we know for sure that Donald Trump is gonna say he is okay I can’t comment because I’ve never interviewed him what I will tell you about Joe Biden to me. He looks frail He looks tired. He looks like he needs a nap Regardless of what you think about Donald Trump, but here is the thing He just finishes regardless of what you think about Donald Trump the way they package him in terms of what people see He looks more vigorous. I’m not saying he is I’m saying he looks more vigorous to people He doesn’t look as frail. He doesn’t have the same and again in terms of marketing and packaging I’m really not talking about the reality of it the way he’s packaged is vigorous and you know what the first thing he’s gonna say Sleepy Joe Biden what he ordered he says that but here is the thing people are we I’m talking about the people I should say pundits They’re talking about and they’ve talked about it about how come Bernie Sanders is not showing his health records. Bernie Sanders. Had a heart attack Bernie Sanders had a stent and They’re not willing to talk about Joe Biden’s exact marital issues. Exactly why well because he’s part of the Machine the Democrats don’t want someone like The Democratic machine doesn’t want someone like Bernie Sanders full stop with Joe Biden He’s a perfect stand and they want him someone like him to sit in the White House So that the democratic machinery can continue to do what it does and has done for decades and decades and decades You even had Hillary Clinton coming out of the woodwork criticizing Bernie Sanders within the last 48 hours It was outrageous some of the things that she said Completely dismissive of the millions and millions of people that Bernie Sanders has been able to mobilize now Let’s remind our listeners. We’re not here to endorse Bernie Sanders That’s not we’re here to talk about the political maneuvering of Someone like a Bernie Sanders who’s able to mobilize people and get peep excited about democracy versus this you know We’ll be the first to criticize Bernie Sanders if he had been a liar if he had policies that were and he had lies After lies because that’s what I see in Joe Biden. Yeah, exactly. That’s what people are not talking about. That’s exactly right We have five minutes left here listening to add up talk on KP or San Francisco And we also want to thank our viewers on Facebook live there’s a couple of comments on Facebook live taking aspect to the earlier section one is this is a core and this is a Post from Beit Jala in Palestine saying we have new course cases of coronavirus here today They closed all the schools. Okay, so that’s just to show you even right It’s a small town that they had to close all the school another comment just that we’re getting is saying that Oh Guess what because they heard it talking about how to wash your hands to the elbow and said Muslims do that during So we’re doing something right? That’s a guy come. Is that going to protect them. It’s gonna be more protective. It’s gonna be more protective So that’s that’s Ellen and then just one of one one one. No, no. Okay. Go ahead I was gonna say thanks for the comment from Beit Jala about the schools closing Let me tell you how on top of it Italy is they closed all schools and all universities in the entire country Is it gonna come to this point right here in San Francisco? I Don’t want to create panic all I’ll say is that people who can hear our show whether you’re in the bay or Wherever you are nationally be prepared that there may be come a time when schools places of work Places of worship will have to be closed for a period of time and I mean it may turn out something Actually commented on before the show and then I was thinking about yeah, that makes sense that for the very first time We’re seeing a lot of empty seats You’re on television Sporting events basketball and which is very unusual even even though our I’m not doing great But they usually have sold-out Seats and people are afraid and then I was reading another article I think it’s is it little your friends but they’re holding like football games without spectators Italy Italy Yeah, no spectators. Just watch it on TV now, I think that’s smart especially in Italy which is considered a hot zone right now that the spread the Exponential spread of the virus in Italy is so bad right now that the government took this decision I think it’s a wise decision if they wanted to contain it. That’s the most extreme thing to do But also the thing that has the best chance of success so in the final few minutes, I’d like to connect the coronavirus and Its effect on the elections great question. I mean if we’re Leading with this still dealing with it comes the fall. I’ll tell you who it benefits Oh Donald Trump Well, the other percent wouldn’t people say well you haven’t find found something to stop it It doesn’t matter. I think Trump space is so Fervor their fervor about him is so great They will wear the fake mass to give them a false sense of protection and go out and vote and I do believe Because of the alienation that will occur with the Sanders voters it will create yet another Impediment block or incentive to not vote even even if the economy tanks because of this I mean we’ve were seeing signs we know Even if they found a cure which is impossible Tomorrow it’s a it’s a year to 18 months away at a lot of companies Have lost billions of dollars. I think we’re all all these companies Microsoft all these companies that have Production facilities in China, I think I’m sorry to say this, but I want to err on the side of caution I see things getting worse before they get better and you know major mall. I hope I’m wrong, but I think caution and careful thinking and being moron the Cautious side is much better than the not. Well you’ve been listening to Arab talk radio on KP or San Francisco 89.5 FM make sure to follow us on Facebook on Twitter and to go to our website Arab talk radio.com to subscribe to our Podcasts for free we will talk to you next week