– “No, Target doesn’t do parties
We had to ask special permission from the manager.”
That’s awesome. That’s getting a five-star
Yelp review. – This made my heart so happy.
– Ahhh! Oh my god! ♪ (rock intro) ♪ – ♪ Tell me something girl ♪
– Oh yeah! This is the– I just saw this.
She was on Ellen! – Oh yeah. She’s incredible.
– ♪ Do you need… ♪ – Oh, a singing challenge?
– It’s a stranger? – Was this for real?
Just candid? – She’s playing it coy first.
She’s like, “Oh, me? I’m just gonna sing? All right.”
– ♪ I’m off the deep end ♪ ♪ Watch as I dive in ♪
– Oh, [bleep]! – Go off! Go off, queen! (chuckles)
– It’s so raw. You can just hear her true talent.
– ♪ Burst through the surface ♪ ♪ Where they can’t hurt us ♪
– I’m ready for her to be the next big star. – ♪ …now ♪
– (man laughs) Yes! – Wow.
– And just walk away. She knows she’s hot [bleep].
– (Charlotte) Thank you. – That’s awesome!
– If she did that to me, even if she wasn’t famous,
I would’ve asked for a picture or a signature or something.
– She’s amazing and might’ve outsung Lady Gaga. I’m kidding. No.
Lady Gaga’s great. (chuckles) – (FBE) So, that was a clip
which recently went viral online of a woman who was asked
to finish the lyrics to the song “Shallow”
from A Star is Born. And since going viral,
the woman, Charlotte Awbery, has gained hundreds
of thousands of followers online. And recently,
she was even on Ellen. – She was on Ellen, bro?
Oh my– that’s crazy. – (FBE) So in a lot of ways,
it seems like she won the internet this month, getting a lot
of positive praise online. – Oh, most definitely.
Her voice is amazing. – (FBE) So, to show you
more of the positive end of the web, today, we’re gonna show you
seven people who won the internet this past month and see
why you think they all went viral. – Awesome. Love it.
– This is gonna be a very wholesome episode then
of just people doing good things or just being real talented.
I’m excited. – Ahhhh! Oh my god!
Oh, wait! No! Literally, Jungkook [bleep].
I don’t know if I can say that, but oh my god!
– It’s like BTS’s new song, right? Yeah.
– Their music videos, their style, everything I’ve seen from them
is fantastic. – I’ve seen a lot of hype
around them with their concerts and how crazy energy that they have.
– If you’re part of the K-pop group, dude, you have each other’s backs
through everything. – Oh my god, yes.
This dance breakdown! – God, look at ’em spin.
Look at their feet! How do they move?
I don’t get it. – I’m not a major stan,
but I respect BTS. They’re great. (chuckles)
– (FBE) So, this is a clip from BTS’s Kinetic Manifesto Film.
And at the end of February, BTS premiered their new song
and music video “On,” which broke the record
for the biggest YouTube premiere with 1.54 million
concurrent viewers tuning in. – That’s a lot all at once,
’cause premieres aren’t all that big usually on YouTube,
but that’s kind of a big deal. – (FBE) And they also just set
a new one week sales record in South Korea with their album,
“Map of the Soul: 7,” selling over 2.6 million copies. – Oh my god. Wow! That’s insane. – I think that just shows you
how big they are. And the fact that even
a lot of American fans were preordering it
just worldwide, like outside of Korea,
I think that was so crazy. – They’re winning life,
’cause that’s pretty amazing. – “My niece really just had
her eighth birthday at Target lol. She’s obsessed.”
Oh my god. – That’s really funny.
I would never do that for my birthday, though.
That sounds so bad. That’s really funny, though,
that they would wanna do that. – That is my dream birthday party.
I spend so much time at Target. This made my heart so happy. (laughs)
– “No, Target doesn’t do parties. We had to ask special permission
from the manager.” That’s awesome. That’s getting
a five-star Yelp review. – “We got the kids uniforms
and walkies, and the manager made them name tags.
They did a scavenger hunt where they found stuff
throughout the store and then put it back afterwards
since that’s what employees do.” (chuckles) That’s insane.
– Dude, scavenger hunt? I would enjoy it now.
I didn’t know the scavenger hunt was part of it until today,
so, you know, 20’s coming around next year for me.
Might have to turn it up. – Kids sometimes are so simple. Like, sometimes they don’t wanna
go to Disneyland or they don’t wanna
go to Chuck E. Cheese. They just wanna go get some Slurpees
with their friends at Target. – (FBE) As you just read,
this is from a Twitter post showing an eight-year-old girl
having her birthday party at Target with the story soon going viral.
– Yeah. I think that’s so cute. That’s so wholesome and positive.
– This is what children should be like,
wholesome and just wanna enjoy going to Target
and having a Slurpee, you know? Just having a birthday party,
being a normal child. So, I think that’s why
this was, like, (pop) – “Dedicated to Sharon Choi,
my queen.” Oh, is this Bong Joon-ho’s
translator? Yeah. She got a lot of love on Twitter.
– (Sharon) You guys are familiar with having a translator here by now.
– I love all the fancams for her. (laughs)
– Yeah, everyone was going off about this.
– I did see her a lot for the Oscars, just back and forth,
back and forth. – Literally my queen. Yes. Sharon Choi, I aspire to be you. – Oh my god. I love this.
I love the Parasite fan base. – You know what?
She deserves a fan base too. – Do you think she thought
that when she first started this job that Twitter would be
making compilations of her just walking past places?
She’s a celebrity. – I love that people are also
highlighting her as, yes, a translator for Bong Joon-ho,
but also, she’s a director and a female in
the film industry herself, and I think that’s really cool.
– (FBE) So, this past month, the movie Parasite won the Oscar
for best film along with many other awards.
But during the award season, many people have been paying attention
to Bong Joon-ho’s translator Sharon Choi, who gained kind of
a following of her own now. So, many people have praised her
for how well she translates his emotions and her kind of
interpretations and delivery of his remarks.
– So, I’ve been a part of translators before
and just because you speak the language doesn’t have
the full effect. When you add emphasis and impact
to their voice and how they actually are speaking, that goes a long way.
So, when we see her doing a great job at her job, that will have
following to it for sure. – I think she made it natural
for people who don’t understand the language to really understand
and kind of take it and make it seem like, “Oh, we’re not that different.” – (gasps) There’s a dog.
(gasps) There’s a wheelchair. – I love dog stuff.
Is this gonna make me cry? – Oh, I saw this.
He’s trying to get him to push his wheelchair. – Oh my god. This is so cute. – I haven’t seen this before.
(chuckles) – Oh, he just wants to play!
– Oh my goodness! – (laughs)
He’s helping. – Dogs are always the winner
on the internet. – (chuckles) He just doesn’t care.
– Oh my goodness. – I guess you just kind of assume
that dogs are trained always, but they gotta start somewhere.
– Get that! Yes! Get it. Oh, that’s smart.
They learned. (laughs) – That’s awesome.
That dog is the definition of going above and beyond.
– So cute. Ah, that’s a corner of the world
that I’m glad that I know about now. – I love that. It’s like any time
a dog’s personality gets to shine, it just makes my heart so warm.
– (FBE) So, this was a viral Twitter post in February
of a dog who failed all of his tests to become a service dog.
But even though he may have failed these tests, he’s definitely
won the internet this past month. – He won my heart. (laughs)
– The internet loves nothing more than a good dog, and the best dog
is one that’s just enjoying his life. We just wanna see dogs
thrive and be happy. – (players cheering)
– Ooh. Buck hits. – All right. That would be crazy
if they all do it. – Oh my god!
– Once you get two in, it’s like– oh, it’s like,
don’t mess up. You can’t ruin the streak.
– Wait a second now. Hold on. – Dude, I could barely hold
a basketball. What the heck? – Ooh. Ahhhh! (laughs)
I’m excited for them. – (players cheering)
– The girl, she was just like– the disbelief.
– (woman) This is so much pressure! – Yo, I wanna see these girls
play against some NBA players. – Oh my god. (chuckles)
Even the coach is shocked. – I’ve made like three of those
in my whole life. I don’t know how they just
did five in a row. That’s insane. – Seeing people hit shots
in a row consecutively especially from that far
is not that common to see, so that’s pretty cool to see.
– (FBE) So, this is a clip from South Dakota State University’s
Women’s Basketball team, who got five half court shots
in a row, which has since gone viral on Twitter.
And apparently, another teammate also made the half court shot too,
but it wasn’t captured in the video. – Oh, wow. That’s crazy.
That’s a lot of skill. – It’s just so satisfying
to watch five people make a half court shot in a row.
That was really cool. I haven’t seen anything
like that before. – ♪ Wait ♪
– ♪ Renegade… ♪ – Oh! I do know! Yes! Yes.
– Ooh, a little “Renegade.” – I know that’s Addison
and that’s Charli. I don’t know who
the middle girl is, though. – So, I think that’s the girl
who created the dance. – The girl in the middle
is the one who came up with it. I am so happy she’s finally
getting the recognition she deserves. – For some reason, her dance
just became so big on TikTok. Everyone copied it.
The song was everywhere. It still is everywhere.
So, she made big waves. And now, everyone kind of
wants a piece of her. And I’m like, “Good for you.”
(laughs) – (FBE) This is the popular
Renegade dance, which was created by Jalaiah Harmon,
who is the girl in the middle. When the dance become viral
on TikTok, not many people knew who created the dance.
But this past month, Jalaiah has been getting
the choreographer recognition that she deserves, being recognized
by the rapper K Camp, whose song she danced to, and even got to perform
at the NBA All Stars game as well as Ellen.
– My god. That’s awesome, dude. – It’s just crazy probably
to do something in your bedroom with your cellphone
just as a whatever and then see everybody
around the world doing it too, knowing that your body
came up with it. You’re the one that started that.
– If you’re in that situation and the thing you made is famous,
but you didn’t get credit for it, and people finally find out
you made it, that’s such a win for you.
You could be so happy with that, so satisfied.
– (FBE) As you can see, all of these people got a lot
of love on the internet. So, why do you think
these kind of posts go viral? – I think they’re just lighthearted
and a fun thing that, you know, you’re scrolling through
your social medias and it just grabs your attention.
– People want an escape, and that’s why they go
on the internet itself is to forget about
what they’re dealing with right now. And so, to have something
that brings a smile to your face is something you
can never turn down. – They say the internet’s
a gift and a curse. We have those moments
where it’s like, this where it was a gift,
and we’re sharing things that are making people feel happy
or some sort of positivity. – (FBE) So finally, you may not
have won the internet this last month, but what did you win this last month?
– I got to win being a witness to watching all of these.
Yeah, these are great. (chuckles) – This whole year has kind of
been a win so far. – I hit 300 followers on TikTok. So… (scoffs)
I mean, I don’t wanna say, like, I’m famous, but…
– Got drunk at an Applebee’s for the first time.
That was a good win to end the month. (laughs)
– I consistently slept eight hours this past month,
like every night pretty much. Been a good noodle with my sleep.
– I beat Cuphead. I beat the devil. That took me like six months.
I’m still really proud of it, though. – I graduated high school.
I think that’s a win. – Oh my god! I submitted
my grad school app. (air horn blasting)
That was something that– yes, last month,
win for me. – I know I won my mother’s heart. But hopefully that wasn’t
just for this month. (laughs) – Thanks for watching
this episode of Gen Z Reacts. And shoutout to Dragon Jake.
– If you liked this video, then make sure you hit
that Like button. – Bye, guys.
– Hey, everybody. Lauren, producer here at FBE.
Thank you so much for watching this episode and seeing who won
the internet last month. We wanna know what you want us
to react to next, so please put your suggestions
down in the comments. Bye, everyone!